Melt Snow and Ice
BLACK SAND® ice and snow melt from Grass Roots Agronomics, Inc. of Emmett, ID, is designed to economically melt snow and ice that may cause turf loss due to extended or excessive snow or ice cover. BLACK SAND® is a highly processed silica sand that is dyed with a turf-safe dye.
Easy & Safe
When applied over the top of snow and ice BLACK SAND® radiates heat and increases the surface temperature, which causes the snow and ice to melt. Once the snow and ice are gone, BLACK SAND® disappears into the turf because of its particle size distribution, uniformity, and consistency. This product has many benefits:
- BLACK SAND® reduces or eliminates the need for mechanical snow removal.
- BLACK SAND® significantly reduces labor costs associated with snow and ice removal.
- BLACK SAND® melts snow and ice off of covers without the use of damaging snow blowers.
- BLACK SAND® only needs the sun to melt snow and ice. Warm temperatures are not required-Melts snow and ice in sub-freezing weather.
- BLACK SAND® is available in a wide range of USGA particle sizes.
- BLACK SAND® is available in 50lb bags, 2000 lb. super sacks and in bulk truckload.