Help for Newly Seeded Bentgrass Greens
When BLACK SAND Soil Warmer® is applied to turf in the early spring or late fall, it increases the temperature at the soil surface through radiant heat. This temperature increase is slight but very beneficial for promoting early spring green-up and fall hardening off of the turf without excessive growth. Grass Roots Agronomics, Inc. of Emmett, ID, provides this product to help you get a head start on early and late season green establishment.
Speeds Growth & Development
University research has shown that when BLACK SAND Soil Warmer® is applied to newly seeded in the late fall, germination increases by nearly 2.5 times. BLACK SAND Soil Warmer® is even better at speeding maturity and growth development of the newly established bentgrass than turf covers and without the hassle and additional labor expense. This product can also be used to speed recovery following aerification allowing for green surfaces to return to optimal playing conditions sooner. Benefits include:
- BLACK SAND Soil Warmer® extends favorable growing conditions in the spring and fall, resulting in healthier turf and better disease resistance.
- BLACK SAND Soil Warmer® drastically improves spring green-up.
- BLACK SAND Soil Warmer® speeds turf recovery following aerification and other damage at cooler times of the year.
- BLACK SAND Soil Warmer® consistency in uniformity and particle distribution meets USGA particle size recommendations.
- BLACK SAND Soil Warmer® increases soil temperatures by approximately 3° at midday while still allowing temperatures to drop at night.
- BLACK SAND Soil Warmer® allows for mid-winter topdressing of greens to maintain smooth playing conditions while also reducing frost delays.
- BLACK SAND Soil Warmer® is available damp by the truckload, or dry in 2000lb totes and 50lb bags.