StaLok® Concentrate is an environmentally sensitive polymer soil binder specifically designed to work in conjunction with Stabilizer®, the Original Natural Binder. StaLok® Concentrate provides a sealed topcoat on Stabilized Decomposed Granite or Crushed Stone surfaces with high traffic and other demanding areas.
1-gallon per 15-square feet.
Install StaLok® Concentrate only after Stabilizer® and Stabilized Decomposed Granite or Crushed Stone is installed properly.
- Inspect surface and remove debris such as paper, grass clippings, leaves, or other organic material. Ensure Stabilized Decomposed Granite or Crushed Stone is firm enough that the surface does not sink when weight is applied. The material should be damp but not completely saturated. For older installations, it may be necessary to water and compact Stabilized Decomposed Granite and Crushed Stone.
- Stir or agitate StaLok® Concentrate before use.
- StaLok® Concentrate can be applied with the use of a sprayer, drip bar, or watering can for smaller applications.
- Spray initial application evenly using half the calculated amount of StaLok® Concentrate.
- Allow any puddles from the initial application to seep into the soil before the second application. Spray the second application evenly using the rest of the calculated amount of the StaLok® Concentrate. Complete the second application within 24 hours of the first application.
- If necessary, compact with 1,000-lb to 2-ton roller.
- Allow StaLok® Concentrate 24-48 hours for setup before traffic.
- Wash sprayer or spray nozzles immediately after use.
- Excavate the damaged area to depth. Square off sidewalls.
- Premix Stabilized Decomposed Granite or Crushed Stone with StaLok® Concentrate.
- Fill excavated area and compact with a hand tamp.
- Allow 24-48 hours for setup.
Use proper safety protection, such as gloves and eyewear. Avoid eye contact and ingestion of StaLok® Concentrate. Surfaces other than soil may become tacky or discolored from StaLok® Concentrate. Avoid over-spray onto plants, grasses, and border materials such as metal or concrete. If this occurs, wipe StaLok® Concentrate immediately with a rag or rinse with water. Do not install when rain is forecasted or below 40° F. Avoid spraying water onto the path before setup has occurred. Restrict landscape irrigation for 48-hours until StaLok® Concentrate is fully setup.